To be successful in offering products and services online requires specific business skills. The internet provides a wealth of opportunities, but also incorporates risks for organizations which need to be understood and controlled. It is not sufficient to only create a website and place products and prices on it. Online retail is an art in itself and comprises logistics, web shop programming, digital marketing strategy, customer support services etc. Additionally it is easy for everyone to open a new web shop and to copy your concept and techniques. As such it is crucial to get insight into and develop a strategy which makes you unique and sets you apart from the competition.
In the current digital economy it is essential for companies to understand the possibilities and the constraints of digital marketing techniques. The digital marketing landscape is a diverse one. The key to success is to develop a consistent digital marketing strategy that seamlessly brings together the different channels in order to reach the goals. It is not enough to just control dashboards and set up campaigns. It is crucial to learn to think in a strategic way regarding the use of the different available channels, and to interpret data in the right way to be able to control the process.
The Digital Economy
11 - 22 Sep 2017
The program is designed for:
- Anyone interested in starting and/or growing his or her online business.
- Marketing and communication staff in traditional businesses that are interested in cutting edge developments in online marketing.
- Workers in the advertisement industry.
- ICT service providers and app developers who wish to gain an introductory understanding of the applications of ICT to retailing.
Wynand E.J. Bodewes, PhD
Wynand Bodewes (1966) is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at Maastricht School of Management where he teaches several Entrepreneurship courses in the Master in Management, MSc in Management and Engineering, MBA and Executive MBA programs, both in Maastricht and abroad. He is also the Academic Coordinator of MSM’s growing portfolio of Executive Education programs. He holds an MSc in Business Administration from the School of Management and Organization at the University of Groningen (1993) and a PhD in General Management from the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University (2000). Although initially destined to become a Chemical Engineer Wynand later switched to Business Administration. Before pursuing his PhD in General Management at the Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University, he was briefly affiliated with Maastricht University to work on his master thesis.
Dr. Bodewes co-authored several papers and books, and he regularly acts as an ad-hoc reviewer for the Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Long Range Planning and other scholarly journals. He was one of the founding fathers and the initial academic director of the degree program that later evolved into the current Entrepreneurship MSc program at RSM. In 2009 Wynand returned to Maastricht University to help build and deliver an outstanding portfolio of entrepreneurship courses to students in many of the university’s degree programs. During his tenure with Maastricht University Wynand also taught at the KU Leuven as a Visiting professor of Entrepreneurship. At the KU Leuven he was instrumental to the introduction of a MSc track in (Technology) Entrepreneurship.
In November 2016 Wynand joined Maastricht School of Management to help expand its portfolio of Entrepreneurship courses and programs. At MSM Wynand hopes to create new teaching cases, expand MSM’s European engagement in short Executive programs, and he looks forward to co-create new and relevant scholarly insights with DBA and PhD candidates at MSM. Wynand is keen on collaborating with ambitious entrepreneurs. For him, smallness is only but a temporary characteristic of true entrepreneurship. Wynand is married, a proud father of two, and a true gadgets afficianado.
- Scalability and Growth
- Business modeling
- Opportunity discovery and development
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 4,498.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
The application fee is € 20.
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course. Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
14 August 2017
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
Reasons to follow the Mastering Online Business Course
- Learn about the factors driving the performance of your Webshop
- Understand the role of Logistics in E-Fulfilment and the role of Customer support in E-Fulfilment
- Learn about Digital Marketing Strategies, Financial Performance and Strategy in online retailing
- Get insight into Search Engine Advertisement (SEA) strategies and Social Media Strategies
- Learn what E-Mail Marketing Strategies require and how to utilize Display and Retargeting Strategies
- Understand Affiliate Marketing and Linkbuilding Strategies