Boost social and economic progress through Sexual Reproductive Health Services
The Dutch government has chosen Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) as one of the priorities in its development cooperation policy. In support to the government’s efforts on promotion of SRHR, MSM and its partners jointly developed the Executive Program in Management of Sexual Reproductive Health Services.
The program aims at helping participants build management skills and competencies to deal with changes and challenges in Sexual Reproductive Health services.Providing effective, efficient and good quality Sexual Reproductive Healthcare on a sustainable basis will contribute to reducing maternal mortality rates, curbing the spread of HIV/AIDS and preventing unwanted pregnancies, especially among teenagers. This will benefit the individuals for sure, but more importantly, it will boost social and economic progress in the countries concerned.
Public Policy, Governance & Administration
30 Oct - 17 Nov
In partnership with University of Suffolk Faculty of Health and Science
The program is delivered in partnership with the University of Suffolk Faculty of Health and Science. The Faculty of Health and Science at the University of Suff olk hosts a teaching and research unit specializing in Sexual/Reproductive Health and HIV. The unit consists of academics from a variety of health disciplines, all of whom possess contemporary clinical experience in the field, and who are research active with a particular focus on globalized Sexual and Reproductive Health. The lectures are provided by the international and highly experienced faculty of MSM and the University of Suffolk. Being experts in their field they bring a wealth of international knowledge and experience into the classroom.
The program is designed for:
- Managers, trainers and policy makers within the sexual reproductive healthcare sector committed to SRH services and have an interest or stake in SRH services
- Those involved in advocacy, policy and program changes to implement Sexual Reproductive Healthcare programs (health activists, NGOs, staff of bilateral and multilateral agencies and donors
Wynand E.J. Bodewes, PhD
Wynand Bodewes (1966) is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at Maastricht School of Management where he teaches several Entrepreneurship courses in the Master in Management, MSc in Management and Engineering, MBA and Executive MBA programs, both in Maastricht and abroad. He is also the Academic Coordinator of MSM’s growing portfolio of Executive Education programs. He holds an MSc in Business Administration from the School of Management and Organization at the University of Groningen (1993) and a PhD in General Management from the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University (2000). Although initially destined to become a Chemical Engineer Wynand later switched to Business Administration. Before pursuing his PhD in General Management at the Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University, he was briefly affiliated with Maastricht University to work on his master thesis.
Dr. Bodewes co-authored several papers and books, and he regularly acts as an ad-hoc reviewer for the Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Long Range Planning and other scholarly journals. He was one of the founding fathers and the initial academic director of the degree program that later evolved into the current Entrepreneurship MSc program at RSM. In 2009 Wynand returned to Maastricht University to help build and deliver an outstanding portfolio of entrepreneurship courses to students in many of the university’s degree programs. During his tenure with Maastricht University Wynand also taught at the KU Leuven as a Visiting professor of Entrepreneurship. At the KU Leuven he was instrumental to the introduction of a MSc track in (Technology) Entrepreneurship.
In November 2016 Wynand joined Maastricht School of Management to help expand its portfolio of Entrepreneurship courses and programs. At MSM Wynand hopes to create new teaching cases, expand MSM’s European engagement in short Executive programs, and he looks forward to co-create new and relevant scholarly insights with DBA and PhD candidates at MSM. Wynand is keen on collaborating with ambitious entrepreneurs. For him, smallness is only but a temporary characteristic of true entrepreneurship. Wynand is married, a proud father of two, and a true gadgets afficianado.
- Scalability and Growth
- Business modeling
- Opportunity discovery and development
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 6747.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year 40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Application deadline for NFP/MSP scholarship candidates: Closed
Application deadline for private sponsored candidates: 25 September 2017
- Academic training or professional qualification in health related fields
- If your native language is not English, you must submit evidence of proficiency in the English language by presenting:
- An IELTS overall band 6.0 or
- A TOEFL: paper based 550, computer based 213, TOEFL internet based 80
- Working experience in a related area, including experience with managing or planning SRH services in developing countries. Participants can be SRH service providers, policy-makers, community leaders, donors.
Reasons to follow the Mastering Reproductive Health Care course
- Develop the skills and competencies to deal with changes and challenges faced by service providers in the Sexual
- Reproductive Health Service Get insights into new developments in Sexual Reproductive Health
- Develop a take home action plan which you can immediately apply in your own organization
- Get introduced to the best practice in SRH service in NL/EU
- Develop a strategy for your organization to provide eff ective, efficient, good quality and sustainable SRH services