Exploiting the e-Government potential
e-Government is one of the most challenging and promising public sector management topics of today. e-Government is much more than providing government services over the internet, or moving interactions to digital platforms. e-Government stands for providing technology related solutions to bureaucracies that have high costs and low performance. e-Government includes technology enabled opportunities for sustainable development. If e-Government is to be a driver for sustainability, it should be oriented towards the involvement of all. As such there is a need for policies that can shape the frameworks to achieve this.
In order to fulfill this promise, adequate policies need to be implemented. Structure, processes and people’s roles often need to be changed and transformed. The involvement of stakeholders is key.
This requires from managers a deep understanding on how to identify and overcome gaps, how to reduce bureaucracy and increase transparency, how to overcome legal and institutional barriers, how to avoid failure and how to be successful through e-Government projects. Managers will have to develop a wide range of new insights, from civic engagement through social media, to insights on the new, contemporary, approaches to e-Government systems development.
This course addresses e-Government issues at policy and strategy level. You will develop your understanding of the potential of e-Government, the policies, the required legal and institutional frameworks, and insights into an engaging e-Government involving different stakeholders.
This program will also help you develop your analytical skills and enhance your capabilities on leading e-Government projects, particularly in a development context.
Public Policy, Governance & Administration
6 - 17 November 2017
What to expect
Following topics are part of the program
- e-Government policy and strategy analysis sessions, formulation of an action plan
- Formulation and implementation of adequate
- e-Government policies, particularly in a development context
- Social media and civic engagement
- International case examples with a strong orientation on sustainable development
The program is designed for:
- Managers and executives of a public entity
- IT service providers
with an interest in public sector strategies and policies associated with e-Government
Joris Stadhouders, MSc
Joris Stadhouders, MSc works as an Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems at MSM. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics from Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands) and a M.Sc. from Eindhoven University of Technology (the Netherlands). Joris was an automation expert for the Netherlands Economic Institute, has worked in management consultancy positions in South America and Central Asia and has lectured applied statistics and information technology courses. He lectures Computer Applications, Management Information Systems, Information Technology for Executive Action, and Quantitative Techniques.
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 4,498.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
The application fee is € 20.
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|NUFFIC deadline for NFP/MSP candidates||Closed|
|Deadline for private sponsored candidates||9 October 2017|
Learn how to formulate and implement adequate e-Government policies
Reasons to follow the Mastering e-Government Transition course
- Get a thorough understanding of the potential of e-Government
- Gain analytical skills with respect to the management, organizational and technology issues of
- e-Government related initiatives
- Develop your capabilities of formulating, developing, monitoring and evaluating e-Government policies
- Get insights into the approach towards e-Government that engages and involves all key stakeholders
- Improve your understanding of e-Government trends and the factors influencing e-Government success and failure
- Deepen your insights to the newer, more agile, approaches associated with e-Government development and their importance
- Benefit and learn best practices from guest lectures and seminars given by international experts at the forefront of e-Government