Making e-Government work
e-Government is one of the most challenging and promising public sector issues of today. It is much more than moving interactions to digital platforms or providing government services over the internet. e-Government stands for technology enabled opportunities for sustainable development. In order to fulfill this promise, adequate policies need to be implemented. Structure, processes and people’s roles often need to be changed and transformed. The involvement of stakeholders is key.
This requires from managers a deep understanding on how to identify and overcome gaps, how to reduce bureaucracy and increase transparency, how to overcome legal and institutional barriers, how to avoid failure and how to be successful through e-Government projects. Managers will have to develop a wide range of new insights, from civic engagement through social media, to insights on the new, contemporary, approaches to e-Government systems development.
This program will help you develop your analytical skills and enhance your capabilities on leading e-Government projects, particularly in a development context.
Public Policy, Governance & Administration
13 - 17 November 2017
After finalizing the course, you understand the factors that determine e-Government success and failure. Your improved analytical skills will help you to address the issues in e-Government projects. You willl be capable to initiate, develop and lead e-Government projects. You have insight into the new approaches related to e-Government projects. Your organization will benefit from the implementation of successful and sustainable e-Government projects.
Topics included in the program are:
- e-Government trends such as social media and civic engagement
- e-Government success and failure factors
- Management, organizational and technology issues in e-Government projects
- New e-Government approaches
Interactive lectures and in-class case discussions are the major learning methods of this course. Sharing of participants’ experiences forms a key element as well. Work visits and guest speaker sessions will provide you with deeper insights, as these will highlight the best practices for e-Government associated systems and projects. Through several live case sessions you will further develop your personal skills as a hybrid change agent for e-Government. During the course you will prepare a brief action plan to assure that your learning will be helpful to your organization. .
The program is designed for:
- Managers and executives of a public entity
- IT service providers
with an interest in public sector strategies and policies associated with e-Government
Joris Stadhouders, MSc
Joris Stadhouders, MSc works as an Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems at MSM. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics from Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands) and a M.Sc. from Eindhoven University of Technology (the Netherlands). Joris was an automation expert for the Netherlands Economic Institute, has worked in management consultancy positions in South America and Central Asia and has lectured applied statistics and information technology courses. He lectures Computer Applications, Management Information Systems, Information Technology for Executive Action, and Quantitative Techniques.
“e-Government is much more than providing government services over the internet.”
“e-Government often requires structure, processes and people’s roles to be changed and transformed.”
ScholarshipsAvailable MSM Scholarships for private sponsorship candidates >
Dean's Development Fund: select your country below to see the actual price
The tuition fee of this course is € 2499.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Sumbit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?".
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
16 October 2017
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
Reasons to follow the e-Government Projects Executive Course
- Improve your understanding of e-Government trends and the factors influencing e-Government success and failure
- Enhance your analytical skills, helping you to address management, organizational and technology issues in e-Government projects
- Develop your capabilities of initiating, developing and leading e-Government projects aiming at sustainability
- Deepen your insights to the newer, more agile, approaches associated with e-Government development and their importance
- Benefit from the experiences of practitioners and from the views of international experts at the forefront of e-Government