Directing your organization
Change is a constant factor in today’s global business world. Both private and public organizations need to adapt to numerous outside world developments such as technological developments, economic development, the need for more social responsibility and increased international competition. To deal with these external factors, organizations need to align their own structure. Strategic leadership and change management deals with processes aimed at setting the organization's direction, objectives and priorities in the changing landscape, at focusing internal energy and resources to achieve the objectives and at aligning internal and external stakeholders. Strategic leadership and change management is about analysis, decision making and planning. It is also about implementation of strategic plans and organizational change programs to realize the desired performance.
This program informs you on the most relevant aspects of effective strategic leadership and tools and instruments that can help you in developing and implementing effective strategies. The program will help you to design effective change programs and develop the personal management skills to successfully lead change processes in your organization. The program takes a practice oriented approach and will provide you with examples from practitioners.
Nuffic Eligible Programs
28 May - 08 June 2018
- Introduction to strategic thinking
- Analysis of external developments and internal organization characteristics and capabilities
- Mission, vision and strategic goals as part of the strategic framework
- Strategy as the ‘grand plan’ to realize objectives
- Perspectives on change management
- Diagnostic tools and change strategies
- Resistance to change and how to handle
- Strategy implementation and monitoring
- The role of leadership in organizational change, strategy planning and implementation
The program is designed for:
- Executives with responsibility for strategic planning and/or change management
- HR professionals
- Consultants and lecturers working in areas related to strategic planning and/or change management
Dorus Evekink' background includes almost 35 years of international management expertise in export,sales and marketing in FMCG sector (mechanical dental care products) for multinational firms that involved field sales,alliance formation,licence activities and worldwide export activities. Although the main accent of his activities were concentrated in the Far East Region for which he was for many years posted in Singapore initially he worked for a number of years in sales and marketing in Eastern Europe and various Middle East countries. During his posting in Singapore were he had as Managing Director total operational responsibilty for the region, he a.o. concluded technical licence cooperation agreements on with local manufacturers in India, Thailand, Malysia, Indonesia.
His credentials include diplomas from INSEAD (Paris/Singapore) on Strategic Management Asean Pacific Region and from Nyenrode Business University (the Netherlands) on Advanced Management.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|The Nuffic Application window opens on||5 September 2017|
|Application deadline for Nuffic students||27 October 2017|
|Application deadline for private sponsored students||1 May 2018|
For more information on how to apply for the NUFFIC scholarship programs, click here.
Reasons to follow Strategic Leadership & Change Management
- Develop your strategic thinking skills and attitude
- Learn about tools and instruments for strategy planning and implementation
- Unravel the dynamics of change, including resistance, and learn how to handle these dynamic
- Learn how to link the knowledge and skills directly to the daily practice of your organization through the practice oriented and focused approach
- Get inspired by exposure visits and guest lectures and exhange views with peers and experts from around the world