Designing and managing investment projects
The capacity to design and manage projects is a critical skill to access funding sources in the modern global economy. Nowadays, project managers are expected to have a broad understanding of project design and management related issues. They need to have a basic understanding of the criteria for initiating, planning, implementing and closing effective projects, and be multi-skilled in order to effectively tackle the challenges of private sector projects of today.
2015 has been a critical year for global economic development. Leaders from around the world adopted a global 2030 development agenda at a UN Summit in September 2015. The new global goals, called the Sustainable Development Goals, are ambitious and demand equal ambition in using the “billions” in Official Development Assistance to channel and crowd-in “trillions” in investments of all kinds: public and private, national and international. These goals will drive the global economic development agenda over the next 15 years.
Taking full advantage of blended financial instruments to finance business projects that will create jobs and boost economic development is a critical challenge for business people all around the world.
MSM has designed one of the first courses in Europe that comprises an introduction to blended financial instruments, a critical knowledge area to take full advantage of a new generation of financial sources aimed at promoting private investment in emerging economies.
This program enables you to develop the skills, knowledge and essential techniques for successful, cost-effective management of both large- and small-scale projects. Our interactive and practical program will train you to become an effective project and people manager.
Nuffic Eligible Programs
8 - 19 October 2018
What to expect
Topics which will be part of the program are
- Introduction to Financing for Development
- The Role of the Private Sector in Financing for Development
- Private Finance for Development
- The Financing Role of Multilateral Development Banks
- Initiation Procedures
- Planning Procedures
- Direct & Manage the Project Work
- Closing Procedures
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
Mirjana Stanisic MSc
Mirjana Stanisic has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in emerging and countries in transition (Egypt, Romania, Bangladesh, Serbia and Montenegro). She worked previously as a national expert in Serbia and Montenegro and has several years of experience in international cooperation with relevant international bodies for environment and climate change. Mirjana published more than ten articles in the field of environment and participated in various project and programs funded by UNEP, UNECE, World Bank, IUFRO). Currently she is working as a consultant and lecturer at Maastricht School of Management, conducting training sessions in project management, proposal writing, sustainable development and soft skills. Besides project management and consultancy experience, she provides mentoring and coaching of participants in their individual action plans.
Rui Miguel Santos
Rui Miguel Santos has extensive experience in donor funded projects in countries around the world (including Estonia, Moldova, China / Macau, Cameroon, Gabon, and Senegal). He is a Portuguese national and lectures at various institutions including:
- The three most prestigious Portuguese universities (Technical University, New University and Catholic University)
- The Netherlands (Maastricht School of Management)
- Rwanda (Rwanda Institute of Administration and Management)
- Moldova (Academy of Public Administration).
Throughout his career, Rui has delivered training courses to students from more than 30 countries and is familiar with diverse, multicultural audiences.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
|Tuition fee*||€ 4,498|
|Lodging expenses (approx. € 35 / night)**||€ 525|
|Food and living expenses (approx. € 20 / day)||€ 300|
* MSM Tuition fee includes all course materials and fieldwork expenses, study materials and basic medical insurance.
** Limited availability. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.
(All fees are subject to change)
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|Application deadline for Nuffic StuNed students||6 January 2018|
|NFP/MSP Application window opens on||Expected Feb/March 2018|
|Application deadline for Nuffic NFP/MSP students||2018 (TBD)|
To apply for StuNed you first need to apply online at MSM for the eligible program of your choice. After receiving your application letter of MSM you can apply for a StuNed scholarship at www.stuned.info
For more information on how to apply for the NUFFIC scholarship programs, click here.
Reasons to follow the Project Finance and Project Management course
- Explore the various elements and procedures for effective initiation, planning, implementation and closing of the projects
- Learn to apply relevant project management tools to ensure that results are delivered on time, within budget and according to scope
- Gain insight into the relevant management skills needed to successfully direct and manage project work and apply course concepts to project management situations you have experienced
- Financing for Development (FIN4DEV) is a breakthrough topic, still being publicly disseminated, with limited access to structure content as the one that is provided in this course
- Learn all about blended financial Instruments, a new trend in public-private ventures, offering an all new array of opportunities to private investors
- Develop the capacity to design relevant, feasible and effective investment projects which is crucial to have access to blended financial instruments
- Benefit from the interactive learning environment and exchange views and experiences with peers and experts from around the globe