Directing your organization
The Strategic Leadership course informs you on the most relevant aspects of effective strategic leadership and offers you the tools and instruments that can help you in developing and implementing effective strategies. The program takes a practice oriented approach providing you with examples from practitioners.
Both private and public organizations need to adapt to numerous outside world developments such as technological developments, economic development, the need for more social responsibility and increased international competition.
Strategic management and leadership deals with processes aimed at setting the organization’s direction, objectives and priorities in the changing landscape, at focusing internal energy and resources to achieve the objectives and at aligning internal and external stakeholders. Strategic management and leadership is about analysis, decision making and planning. It is also about implementation of strategic plans to realize the desired performance.
Leadership & Management
The main objective of this program is to provide you with conceptual and practical understanding of strategic leadership, and to have you acquire and improve the necessary skills for achieving impact.
At the end of the program you will have acquired deeper insight in underlying concepts, mechanisms and dynamics, as well as in your own personal leadership style, and its effectiveness in typical situations.
You will have learned how strategic leadership works out in the practice of day-to-day organizational performance, in the organization‹s culture, how your own personal leadership behavior has impact on others, and how to use advanced influence techniques effectively.
Following topics will be discussed in the course
- Introduction to strategic thinking
- Analysis of external developments and internal organization characteristics and capabilities
- Mission, vision and strategic goals as part of the strategic framework
- Strategy as the ‘grand plan’ to realize objectives
- Strategy implementation and monitoring
- The role of leadership in strategy planning and implementation
The program is designed for
- Executives with responsibility for strategic planning and/or change management
- HR professionals
- Consultants and lecturers working in areas related to strategic planning and/or change management
Dorus Evekink' background includes almost 35 years of international management expertise in export,sales and marketing in FMCG sector (mechanical dental care products) for multinational firms that involved field sales,alliance formation,licence activities and worldwide export activities. Although the main accent of his activities were concentrated in the Far East Region for which he was for many years posted in Singapore initially he worked for a number of years in sales and marketing in Eastern Europe and various Middle East countries. During his posting in Singapore were he had as Managing Director total operational responsibilty for the region, he a.o. concluded technical licence cooperation agreements on with local manufacturers in India, Thailand, Malysia, Indonesia.
His credentials include diplomas from INSEAD (Paris/Singapore) on Strategic Management Asean Pacific Region and from Nyenrode Business University (the Netherlands) on Advanced Management.
"The program was high added value for me and indeed it opened my eyes to new ways of thinking and managing the daily and future life."
Tayeb Toufik Dahar
Deputy Director, Ministry of Interior and Local Authorities, Algeria
Participant Strategic Leadership 2017
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 2,499.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
The application fee is € 20.
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
Reasons to follow the Strategic Leadership course
- Develop your strategic thinking skills and attitude
- Learn about tools and instruments for strategy planning and implementation
- Understand how to apply the knowledge and skills directly to the daily practice of your organization through the practice oriented and focused approach
- Get inspired by exposure visits and guest lectures from experts
- Benefit from the interactive learning environment and exchange views with peers and experts from around the world