Understanding international financial institutions
The Project Procurement program provides you with insights into project procedures, technical and financial proposals.
More in a detail, you will learn how the decision making process of international financial institutions (IFI) is functioning and what the current practices of IFI’s are. You will be familiar with different types of contracts IFI’s are using, and with the most common evaluation methods.
Additionally through the “learning by doing” approach you will develop a project proposal, directly applying the newly gained knowledge into practice.
Leadership & Management
Certificate (diploma optional)
Following topics are included in the program:
- Project life cycle of the International Financial Institutions and decision-making processes
- Forecast, pre-qualification and tender stages and how to meet the corresponding challenges
- Bidding documents – how are these organized and where to find critical information
- Evaluation methods of IFIs and corresponding evaluation grids
- The different types of contracts used by IFIs
- The different types of technical proposals
- Key sections of a technical proposal to be submitted in an international tender funded by IFIs
- Design of competitive technical proposals to be submitted in international tenders funded by IFIs
- The different types of financial proposals according to EU and WB standards
- Calculation of unloaded and fully loaded fee rates
During the course the following approaches will be used:
- Group work
Lectures are based on practical assignments that are conducted by work groups. The outcome of the assignments are presented in the classroom and discussed with colleagues. Throughout the process, students prepare themselves the examples that illustrate the theoretical concepts shared during the lectures, while strengthening their presentations skills.
The program is designed for:
- Project decision-makers dealing with various aspects in project design and development of (inter)national development projects
- Project managers, team leaders and senior project staff engaged in the implementation of (inter)national development projects
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the course. Only for those who will complete an additional assignment will receive a diploma. In case you would like to have more information you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rui Miguel Santos
Rui Miguel Santos has extensive experience in donor funded projects in countries around the world (including Estonia, Moldova, China / Macau, Cameroon, Gabon, and Senegal). He is a Portuguese national and lectures at various institutions including:
- The three most prestigious Portuguese universities (Technical University, New University and Catholic University)
- The Netherlands (Maastricht School of Management)
- Rwanda (Rwanda Institute of Administration and Management)
- Moldova (Academy of Public Administration).
Throughout his career, Rui has delivered training courses to students from more than 30 countries and is familiar with diverse, multicultural audiences.
Mirjana Stanisic MSc
Mirjana Stanisic has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in emerging and countries in transition (Egypt, Romania, Bangladesh, Serbia and Montenegro). She worked previously as a national expert in Serbia and Montenegro and has several years of experience in international cooperation with relevant international bodies for environment and climate change. Mirjana published more than ten articles in the field of environment and participated in various project and programs funded by UNEP, UNECE, World Bank, IUFRO). Currently she is working as a consultant and lecturer at Maastricht School of Management, conducting training sessions in project management, proposal writing, sustainable development and soft skills. Besides project management and consultancy experience, she provides mentoring and coaching of participants in their individual action plans.
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 2,499.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Scholarship opportunities can be combined up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation after the tuition fee has been paid, cancellation costs are €200,- (administrative costs)
In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled participant, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another participant before the start of the course. Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Participants who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
Reasons to follow the MSM Project Procurement course
- Understand the project life cycle and decision making process of International Financial Institutions (IFI).
- Learn how to design competitive technical proposals to be submitted in international tenders funded by IFIs
- Benefit from the learning by doing approach and develop your own individual project – feasibility study
- Work in groups together with professionals from around the world, in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Benefit from the hands-on-approach based on real life cases enabling you to immediately apply the knowledge into your daily practice