Successful management of the project cycle
Do you want to learn how to identify and manage stakeholders throughout the project cycle and how to identify, design, manage, monitor and evaluate development projects, which actually meet the needs of beneficiaries? Do you want to be challenged by colleagues from all over the world to think about the success and fail factors of complex development projects?
The PDM program will train you how to effectively identify, design, manage, monitor and evaluate development projects to guarantee success every step of the way.
By exchanging views with a variety of experts in the field of project identification, design, management and monitoring and evaluation, our PDM program provides you with insights across the entire project cycle. You will learn all about Project Cycle Management (PCM) methodology and tools such as Stakeholder Mapping, Problem Tree, Logical Framework and specific M&E tools. You will develop crucial project management skills in the field of communication, leadership, team work and negotiation in interactive workshops and discuss the different views and current debate on development cooperation with experts and classmates.
Leadership & Management
15-26 Jan 2018
Upon completion of the course, participants:
- Are equipped with a combination of analytical, technical and managerial insights and tools for the identification, design, management and monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Have insights into their own personal project management skills and how to further develop these skills to successfully manage the challenges in development projects;
- Have a broad understanding of project success and failure factors in development projects;
- Have been challenged to think critically about how the current debate on development cooperation plays a role in their own projects at home;
- Developed their individual project and received coaching;
- Interacted with and built a network with development professionals from around the globe.
The program is designed for:
- project decision-makers dealing with various aspects in project design and development of (inter)national development projects;
- project managers, team leaders and senior project staff engaged in the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of (inter)national development projects;
- trainers, lecturers and consultants wanting to expand their own (teaching) skills in this area.
Mirjana Stanisic MSc
Mirjana Stanisic has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in emerging and countries in transition (Egypt, Romania, Bangladesh, Serbia and Montenegro). She worked previously as a national expert in Serbia and Montenegro and has several years of experience in international cooperation with relevant international bodies for environment and climate change. Mirjana published more than ten articles in the field of environment and participated in various project and programs funded by UNEP, UNECE, World Bank, IUFRO). Currently she is working as a consultant and lecturer at Maastricht School of Management, conducting training sessions in project management, proposal writing, sustainable development and soft skills. Besides project management and consultancy experience, she provides mentoring and coaching of participants in their individual action plans.
Rui Miguel Santos
Rui Miguel Santos has extensive experience in donor funded projects in countries around the world (including Estonia, Moldova, China / Macau, Cameroon, Gabon, and Senegal). He is a Portuguese national and lectures at various institutions including:
- The three most prestigious Portuguese universities (Technical University, New University and Catholic University)
- The Netherlands (Maastricht School of Management)
- Rwanda (Rwanda Institute of Administration and Management)
- Moldova (Academy of Public Administration).
Throughout his career, Rui has delivered training courses to students from more than 30 countries and is familiar with diverse, multicultural audiences.
ScholarshipsAvailable MSM Scholarships for private sponsorship candidates >
Dean's Development Fund: select your country below to see the actual price
The tuition fee of this course is € 4,498.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Sumbit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?".
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|NUFFIC deadline for MSP candidates||Closed|
|Deadline for private sponsored candidates||18 December 2017|
*Deadline only for MSP candidates, for NFP candidates this program will fall into the Aug 2017 deadline.
For more information on how to apply for the NUFFIC scholarship programs, click here.
Reasons to follow the Project Identification, Development and Management course
- Start off the program with your own project identification via the distance education component of the program
- Gain the analytical, technical and managerial insights, and tools for the development and management of development projects
- Get insight in and enhance you project management skills in the field of leadership, communication, team work and negotiation
- Share your (critical) ideas on on the development debate and hear about stories in development projects (best and worst practices) from all over the world
- Receive personal coaching on your individual integration assignment which you will pitch during the dynamic and stimulating poster presentation round