Designing and managing investment projects
The capacity to design and manage projects is a critical skill to access funding sources in the modern global economy. Nowadays, project managers are expected to have a broad understanding of project design and management related issues. They need to have a basic understanding of the criteria for initiating, planning, implementing and closing effective projects, and be multi-skilled in order to effectively tackle the challenges of private sector projects of today.
2015 has been a critical year for global economic development. Leaders from around the world adopted a global 2030 development agenda at a UN Summit in September 2015. The new global goals, called the Sustainable Development Goals, are ambitious and demand equal ambition in using the “billions” in Official Development Assistance to channel and crowd-in “trillions” in investments of all kinds: public and private, national and international. These goals will drive the global economic development agenda over the next 15 years.
Taking full advantage of blended financial instruments to finance business projects that will create jobs and boost economic development is a critical challenge for business people all around the world.
MSM has designed one of the first courses in Europe that comprises an introduction to blended financial instruments, a critical knowledge area to take full advantage of a new generation of financial sources aimed at promoting private investment in emerging economies.
This program enables you to develop the skills, knowledge and essential techniques for successful, cost-effective management of both large- and small-scale projects. Our interactive and practical program will train you to become an effective project and people manager.
Leadership & Management
2-13 Oct 2017
What to expect
Topics which will be part of the program are
- Introduction to Financing for Development
- The Role of the Private Sector in Financing for Development
- Private Finance for Development
- The Financing Role of Multilateral Development Banks
- Initiation Procedures
- Planning Procedures
- Direct & Manage the Project Work
- Closing Procedures
- Project leaders, project team members and program coordinators with managerial tasks
- Consultants dealing with project activities
Mirjana Stanisic MSc
Mirjana Stanisic has extensive experience in donor-funded projects in emerging and countries in transition (Egypt, Romania, Bangladesh, Serbia and Montenegro). She worked previously as a national expert in Serbia and Montenegro and has several years of experience in international cooperation with relevant international bodies for environment and climate change. Mirjana published more than ten articles in the field of environment and participated in various project and programs funded by UNEP, UNECE, World Bank, IUFRO). Currently she is working as a consultant and lecturer at Maastricht School of Management, conducting training sessions in project management, proposal writing, sustainable development and soft skills. Besides project management and consultancy experience, she provides mentoring and coaching of participants in their individual action plans.
Rui Miguel Santos
Rui Miguel Santos has extensive experience in donor funded projects in countries around the world (including Estonia, Moldova, China / Macau, Cameroon, Gabon, and Senegal). He is a Portuguese national and lectures at various institutions including:
- The three most prestigious Portuguese universities (Technical University, New University and Catholic University)
- The Netherlands (Maastricht School of Management)
- Rwanda (Rwanda Institute of Administration and Management)
- Moldova (Academy of Public Administration).
Throughout his career, Rui has delivered training courses to students from more than 30 countries and is familiar with diverse, multicultural audiences.
ScholarshipsAvailable MSM Scholarships for private sponsorship candidates >
Dean's Development Fund: select your country below to see the actual price
The tuition fee of this course is € 4,498.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Sumbit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?".
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|NUFFIC deadline for NFP/MSP candidates||Closed|
|Deadline for private sponsored candidates||4 September 2017|
Reasons to follow the Project Finance and Project Management course
- Explore the various elements and procedures for effective initiation, planning, implementation and closing of the projects
- Learn to apply relevant project management tools to ensure that results are delivered on time, within budget and according to scope
- Gain insight into the relevant management skills needed to successfully direct and manage project work and apply course concepts to project management situations you have experienced
- Financing for Development (FIN4DEV) is a breakthrough topic, still being publicly disseminated, with limited access to structure content as the one that is provided in this course
- Learn all about blended financial Instruments, a new trend in public-private ventures, offering an all new array of opportunities to private investors
- Develop the capacity to design relevant, feasible and effective investment projects which is crucial to have access to blended financial instruments
- Benefit from the interactive learning environment and exchange views and experiences with peers and experts from around the globe