Become a high impact leader and improve the performance of your organization
In today's rapidly changing landscape organizational effectiveness is needed to make a difference. This is equally valid for profit as well as for non-profit and public sector organizations. As organizations are more and more using teams as the basic working unit it is vital to focus on achieving team effectiveness. Many different kinds of teams exist, but they all share the need for proper leadership even with self-directed teams.
The general objective of this program is to equip managers/leaders with know-how and skills to be an effective leader in order to enhance the general performance of the team(s) he or she is leading. In this course you will learn about team leadership, your own personal leadership style and its effectiveness.
Because personal, team and organizational effectiveness is highly based on the internal values people hold, the concept of value based leadership is central to this course. Strategic leadership entails creating an inspiring vision, setting the organization’s direction, objectives and priorities, and by aligning internal resources to achieve the ambitions, as well as aligning internal and external stakeholders.
This program focuses on the most relevant aspects of effective strategic leadership and offers tools and instruments necessary for developing and implementing strategic ambitions effectively. In this course you will learn about organizational strategic leadership, how to create a high performance organizational culture, and get deeper insight into your own personal leadership style and effectiveness. Because personal, team and organizational effectiveness is highly based on the internal values people hold, the concept of value based leadership is central to this course.
Leadership & Management
28 Aug - 8 Sep 2017
What to expect
Topics included in the program are
- value based strategic leadership
- boardroom decision making
- unleashing hidden organizational potentials
- leading change
- building high performance teams
- advanced influencing techniques
- changing mindsets and organizational culture
- becoming a (more) charismatic leader
- value based leadership
- team processes and team development
- personal team leadership style (assessment)
- managing individual differences and conflicts
- applying influencing techniques for impact
- understanding team behaviors
- team building for performance
- applying advanced leadership skills
The program is designed for (top) managers and leaders who want to improve their strategic leadership skills and increase the impact of their leadership in order to enhance the general performance and effectiveness of the organization they are leading.
Dr. Geert Heling
Dr. Geert Heling is a senior professional Management Consultant with practical experience in training and consultancy for over 20 years. Heading his own company, Médoc Management Consulting, most of his projects focus on processes of Business Improvement, Management and Organizational Development, Change and Learning. Clients are large and medium sized organizations (profit as well as public sector).
Based on the conviction that practice in consultancy needs to be coupled with sound theory Dr. Heling combines his consultancy work with a position as Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Maastricht School of Management.
As a professor and consultant Dr. Heling has travelled the world, consulting, training, lecturing, conducting seminars, and doing research in many different countries.
ScholarshipsAvailable MSM Scholarships for private sponsorship candidates >
Dean's Development Fund: select your country below to see the actual price
The tuition fee for this course is € 4,498.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Sumbit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?".
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation, she/he or, if applicable, the sponsor is liable for the following cancellation costs:
• 25% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between eight to seven weeks before the start of the program.
• 50% of the tuition fee if cancellation is between six to four weeks before the start of the program.
• 75% of the tuition fee if cancellation is within four weeks of the start of the program.
• In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
• No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled candidate or the client, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another candidate before the start of the course.Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Candidates who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
|NUFFIC deadline for NFP/MSP candidates||Closed|
|Deadline for private sponsored candidates||31 July 2017|
The concept of value based leadership is central to this course
Reasons to follow the Mastering Leadership for Sustainable and Social Impact course
- Improve your personal impact in leading team(s)
- Get more things done through team work and by applying effective leadership
- Create more involvement, flow and satisfaction in the team and organization
- Understand and build your own strengths in leading team(s)
- Improve your personal impact as strategic leader
- Unleash hidden potentials and improve organizational performance