The entrepreneural university
Many higher education institutions are searching for strategies how to relate their core mandate (education, research, community outreach) more effectively to labor market needs and innovative economic development. They are looking for answers on important questions like: How to organize education in such a way that graduates have the best chance to be (self) employed, and how to organize knowledge transfer more effectively for the benefit of a broader society?
In particular in emerging economies and developing countries these questions are raised in a context of population growth with an increasing number of students, financial constraints and urgent need for innovation and economic growth. Struggling with these challenges, more and more institutions are laying emphasis on how to become more entrepreneurial. This is where the notion of an ‘entrepreneurial university’ becomes relevant. It brings entrepreneurship education to the next level of institutional development from an entrepreneurial perspective.
Higher & Vocational Education
Certificate (diploma optional)
- To enhance knowledge on 'Entrepreneurial University'
- To accurately assess the entrepreneurial transformation needs of individual institutions
- To produce an entrepreneurial transformation plan appropriate for these institutions
- Latest concepts on entrepreneurial higher education institutions
- Tools for organizational assessment
- Best practices of experiences worldwide
- International perspectives and linkages
- Entering partnerships beyond the Triple helix
- The role of academia vis-à-vis business, government, and civil society in achieving social, economic and cultural development
The main focus of the training will be to achieve predetermined impact within each participant’s respective institution. The training will be based on Action Learning, via an institutional development model: ‘Where are we now?’ ‘Where do we want to be?’ and ‘How do we get there?’ This will incorporate the following process:
- Engage participants in a needs assessment exercise based on a pro-forma data sheet to specify the entrepreneurial development requirements and provisions within each respective institution.
Training course content
- Review individual institution’s entrepreneurial development need(s)
- Assessment of each institution against a framework to determine and prioritize action planning
- Content and coaching in seven key areas:
- Development of an entrepreneurial university leadership and governance model
- Planning for organizational capacity, enterprising staff and incentives development
- Adoption of enterprise in education methodologies
- Providing for comprehensive set of entrepreneurship programmes
- Networking, linkages and creating interdependence with stakeholders
- Outline international perspectives and linkages
- Provision of clear methods to assess impact of each institution’s entrepreneurial strategy
The program is designed for:
- Academic and administrative leaders of higher education institutions
- Policy makers and planners from Ministries of Education, other educational planning bodies and higher education institutions
- Senior lecturers involved in managerial and administrative tasks
- Educational consultants
Each participant receives a certificate of attendance on the last day of the course. Only for those who will complete an additional assignment will receive a diploma. In case you would like to have more information you contact email@example.com
Huub Mudde, MSc
Huub Mudde is Project Consultant and Lecturer Institutional Entrepreneurship at MSM, holds an MSc. in Sociology from the Wageningen Agricultural University, the Netherlands. Currently, he is pursuing his PhD at Maastricht University on ‘Entrepreneurial Universities in developing countries’. Mudde is manager of several multi-year education and research programs. He is team leader and expert in several agribusiness projects in Indonesia and Palestine, and responsible for a leadership and management capacity development program in Ethiopia. He is advisor and trainer on partnerships, project management, dialogue, communication planning, vision development and fund raising for organizations working in the area of international relations. Before working for MSM, Mudde was coordinator of Euforic, Europe’s Forum on International Cooperation and worked at the Information Department of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The concept of entrepreneurial universities was new to me and extremely relevant for the development of my institute.”
Dr. Vishal Bector, Associate Professor
Punjab Agricultural University, India
The full tuition fee
The tuition fee of this course is € 2,499.
Tuition fee includes all course materials and study materials. Tuition fee does not include housing, food and living expenses. Participants are required to arrange their own housing facilities. MSM can assist in finding hotel accommodation.
Scholarship opportunities can be combined up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
15% for 2 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
25% for 3 particpants coming from the same organizatin within 1 academic year
40% for 4 - 6 participants coming from the same organization within 1 academic year
For > 6 participants we will offer a tailor made program
European Star Scholarship:
50% for European citizens and long term residents. Submit a 2 - 3 page essay on the topic: "What will be the positive change for my organization and me after participating in this course?"
Alumni Lifelong Learning:
15% discount for Maastricht School of Management registered Alumni
Dean's Development Fund:
Select your country below to see the actual price of the program (full tuition fee-/-DDF scholarship)
The tuition fee of this course is (select country).
MSM reserves the right to postpone or cancel the program in case the number of participants does not meet the MSM requirements for minimum number of participants. Any payment made to MSM for tuition fee will be refunded. In the case of postponement or cancellation of the program MSM will inform the enrolled candidates at least six weeks before the planned start of the program.
By the participant:
If an admitted participant decides against participation after the tuition fee has been paid, cancellation costs are €200,- (administrative costs)
In case cancellation is done after the program has started no money will be refunded.
No cancellation charges are incurred if the enrolled participant, with written consent of MSM, will be replaced by another participant before the start of the course. Refunded tuition fees will only be reimbursed to the sponsoring party and cannot be forwarded or redeemed by any other party.
Participants who were not granted a visa to enter The Netherlands, can be fully reimbursed if written official documentation is provided of such visa denial.
Applicants should have the ability to function academically and professionally at Bachelor level and should have an adequate level of spoken and written English.
Reasons to follow the Entrepreneurial University Transformation Executive Course
- Understand the many facets related to transforming a higher education institution into a more entrepreneurial organization capable in fulfilling its role in a rapidly changing society
- Learn how to develop organizational capacity, enterprising staff and incentives as a basis for income generation, innovative research and entrepreneurial teaching and learning
- Find out how to set-up and improve entrepreneurship development programs, including entrepreneurship centers and incubators
- Get inspired by exposure visits and guest lecturers from experts
- Benefit from the interactive learning environment and exchange views and experiences with peers and experts from around the world